However, we know something this unique attracts a lot of interest from smart anime fans like yourself. We want people like you in the audience! Members of the general public can win free attendance by participating in the essay contest. Just answer the following question in a typed, double spaced, one page paper:
More suggestions: What draws you to it? Has it changed your life, or given you windows into different cultures? What is it that makes you keep coming back? Do other kinds of media lack what anime provides to you?
We can't wait to see your submissions!
- Please include your name, email, phone number and state of residence with your essay.
- Essays due by March 15, 2013. Entries received after this date will be disqualified.
- Winners will be chosen by the RMAA Board of Directors.
- Essays will be judged on the following criteria: originality, creativity, use of language, and appropriateness to contest theme.
- Winners will be invited to attend SANA, and may be asked to participate in the roundtable.
- Winners will be notified by March 18, and have 48 hours to respond. After that period, new winners may be chosen.
- Winner(s) are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Please submit as early as you can if you need to book a flight, we'll make sure you're notified ASAP!
- By submitting an essay, you agree to the terms and conditions.
Ready? Go here to submit your essay. Good luck!